Taika Waititi was invited by Bastille’s frontman Dan Smith to talk about “Hunt for the Wilderpeople” live on the band’s Instagram @bastilledan as part of Distraction Tactics: Film Club. The premise of Distraction Tactics is to tour the world via film, with Dan Smith hosting a discussion of each film at the end of the week.
This week’s stop on the Wild World Film Tour was New Zealand.
Taika talked about:
- life during the lockdown
- filming of the opening and closing shots of “Hunt for the Wilderpeople”
- finding and working with child actors
- working with Julian Dennison
- staying in touch with the cast
- pick-me-up movies, particularly at the moment
- his best bird call impression
Watch the interview below: